Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Quality Time, Redefined

It's true, our generation is quickly becoming overly consumed by electronics. The family in this news article spends their family time sitting in the living room with each one of them on a different type of electronic device. I'd like to say thats crazy and ridiculous, but my family does the same thing. My mom is so wrapped up in her cellphone and laptop and is already talking about the next ipad and how it would "help" her so much. My brothers are always concerned about the next big ipod, cellphone, or video game to come out. And I thought my dad was still with me, but he just got an iphone, so he is slowly falling into the trap himself. Although I don't have a big fascination or care too much about the newest and biggest electronic device that is coming out, I do agree that there are some pretty amazing things out there that people are coming up with. But for now I am satisfied with my non-smart phone and my nano ipod. Sometimes I think about how people survived and got along in the old days when cellphones, laptops, and other things weren't invented yet. But obviously the people turned out fine and are still here today, so it must have been manageable. But to picture a world without those things today is almost impossible to me. I mean I probably call my parents at least 5 times a day to ask them a question or tell them something, and of course I always have someone to text and talk about something with. Our generation is becoming so consumed with technology and electronics but in reality it is very hard to picture life without these things!

No comments:

Post a Comment