Friday, May 27, 2011

Final Blog

I have really enjoyed being in Etymology class this semester. Surprisingly, even though it was a lot of work sometimes I really enjoyed and got something out of everything we did. I feel like my writing skills have improved a ton while taking this class. My vocabulary has definitely increased, and I see poems and writing in a different view now. Instead of just reading it, I notice diction, tone, and other things about it. Just knowing the new vocab words and other words that we learned helped me so much in improving my level of writing. My parents read a couple of my papers and were surprised at the change in my writing. I have never been a big reader so honestly that has not changed much for me. I tried to get into reading and blog a lot but it never seemed to click with me. Although I did enjoy the books I read while in this class. I think all of the books I read were non-fiction. Most of them were inspiring stories or ways to improve your life. I'm not positive but I would estimate that I read around 900 pages this semester. I really really have enjoyed this class and I am really sad its going to be over. Also, Mr. Hill you have been a great teacher and I really have learned so much from you. You also are a really cool person and so fun to be around, I'm pretty sure everyone I have talked to feels the same way too. So thanks so much for everything you do and have done for us!!

No comments:

Post a Comment