Tuesday, March 29, 2011

The Future

The interviews with high school seniors in San Diego was very interesting. They all had different goals and places that they saw themselves in ten years, but most of them seemed to feel strong and passionate about what they wanted to do. Some were undecided and unsure about where they saw themselves but the majority seemed to have goals. I think I related most with the people who said they wanted to interact with and help other people. The girl who wants to be a psychologist, the boy who wanted to be a school counselor, and others who simply just wanted to be interacting with others. The reason these interviews were so intriguing to me is because I like hearing and seeing all the different opportunities there are out there and seeing peoples different passions and interests. There are so many careers and opportunities out there and so many different types of people it just reminds you how diverse the world we live in is.

For myself, in 10 years, I have an interesting outlook on what I will be doing. I will be 27 years old and who knows where in the world I will be or what I will be up to. All I know for certain is that I want to be doing mission work somewhere in this world and helping others. Although a comfortable, stable life sounds nice, I feel like that is not for me. I want to be out of my comfort zone doing things to serve others. The cool part about it is that I have no idea where I will be helping others or how and that makes it all the more fun and adventurous. Where God sends me is where I'll go. But for now I am just waiting to graduate high school and eventually graduate college so I can get out there and start doing this as my full time job. Because I have been exposed to the continent of Africa so much already in my life and have fallen in love with the people there, I think that is a major possibility of where I may end up. But who knows, I guess I will just have to wait and see. All I know is that I am very excited about my future and my goal is to not sit around and make myself and my life comfortable but to go out and make a huge difference and impact in this world.

No comments:

Post a Comment